News & Updates
Vernita is interviewed on KCMO Talk RadioPosted March 5, 2012
Vernita was interviewed recently by the hosts of Insurance Talk with Scott & Mike on KCMO Talk Radio 710. Click the play button below to listen to this segment of the interview.
Report covers federal pools across the nationPosted February 24, 2012
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has issued a report on temporary high-risk health insurance pools across the country. The report includes an overview of the federal Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan, operated in Missouri by MHIP; a look at who the federal pools serve; and participation information for each state. Read the complete report.
Federal Government Warns of Bogus Pre-existing Condition Insurance Plan WebsitePosted October 14, 2011
The federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has become aware of a website that appears to be an official website for the Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan.
This new website — preexistingconditioninsuranceplan.com — is not maintained by any government programs. Consumers are strongly urged not to submit any personal information requested by this website under the assumption that it is a government website.
CMS is taking the appropriate steps to protect consumers from being misled.
DIFP NewsPosted January 18, 2011
The latest news and information from the Missouri Department of Insurance, Financial Institutions & Professional Registration
John M. Huff, DIFP Director
- Lower premiums announced for high-risk health insurance pool
- Insurance director addresses agents; discusses high-risk pool, health care reform
- Insurance industry leaders named to Missouri high-risk pool board
- New pre-existing condition health insurance plan now accepting applications
- Gov. Nixon signs bill to provide insurance coverage for autism therapies for Missouri children
- Parents can soon keep children up to age 26 on their health insurance
- Scam artists using federal health care law to sell bogus insurance
- Stimulus money reduces cost of COBRA for Missourians who lose jobs
- Grant money used to reach more than 80,000 Missouri seniors on Medicare in the past year
Apply for MHIP Coverage
It's easy to apply for MHIP coverage. We've put together a simple checklist to help you get all your information in order.
Go to the Apply Now Checklist Page for information and helpful links.
Need help with your application?
Call us at 800-821-2231.
Report covers federal pools across the nation - Posted February 24, 2012
Federal Government Warns of Bogus Pre-existing Condition Insurance Plan Website - Posted October 14, 2011
Answers to Your Questions
MHIP's office doesn't handle all aspects of the operation. Find out who can give you the right answer — fast.